Isabel Minhós Martins
Isabel was born in Lisbon in 1974.
She always loved to read and also to listen all kinds of stories... stories told by her grandparents, her neighbours, her aunts and friends.
Words, what we can do with words and what words can do with us, were always her favourite mistery.
Although she lean more to Journalism or Litearature, she decided to follow a different way (and also to follow her friends...) and study Arts. She graduated in Communication Design from Lisbon College of Fine Arts and after some works for communication agencies, she founded, with three friends, the publisher Planeta Tangerina.
In 2004, Planeta Tangerina published "Um livro para todos os dias" the first book of the catalogue, with Isabel's texts. After that, she wrote many other books, most of the times published by Planeta and now published in many diferent countries. She won an Honorable Mention in the 1st International Prize for Picture Books of Compostela, she was selected for White Ravens Catalogue and she also won the Author Awards for children's literature SPA/RTP (2015), the Gustav-Heinemann Friedenspreis (2017) and the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis (2017).
Her favourite prize was a collective one: winning the first edition of BOP and seeing Planeta Tangerina been distinguished as Best European Publisher for Children in Bologna Children's Book Fair in 2013.
- Half, half
- Plasticus maritimus, an invading species
- Atlas of travels and explorers — The travels of monks, naturalists and other travellers of all times and places
- One hundred seeds that flew away
- Inside - A guide to discovering the brain
- All the year round - nature's almanac
- Nobody Passes
- With time
- A tiny wave
- This book is calling you, don’t you hear?
- The World in a Second (new edition)
- What's in there?
- The boy who loved birds (and many other things)
- I've Never Seen a Bike and Ducks Won't Let Go
- Coming and Going
- A book for everyday
- Where do we go when we disappear?
- How does a chicken...
- Thanks to everyone!
- While my Hair was Growing
- Follow the Arrow!
- The Backyards’ Book
- The Quilt
- At Home, We Are...
- Fast, Slow
- Wandering Around
- Two Roads
- És Mesmo Tu?
- Is That Really You?
- My Neighbour is a Dog
- A Mother’s Heart
- When I Was Born
- The Great Invasion
- A Table is Just a Table. Isn't It?
- D for Dad