Bernardo P. Carvalho
Bernardo was born in 1973 in Lisbon, and studied Communication Design at the College of Fine Arts in the same city.
In 1999, he co-founded Planeta Tangerina and he’s been working here ever since.
Over the years, he has received a variety of prizes and recognitions for his books and illustrations, including the Opera Prima and Non-fiction Awards at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair, the Portuguese National Illustration Award and the Gustav Heinemann Peace Prize.
“Lá fora” — a guide for discovering nature, with over 300 illustrated pages — was his most awarded book, having collected over ten awards and recognitions from all over the world.
Bernardo’s work has been published in Portugal, Spain, France, Italy, South Korea, Norway, Brazil, Greece, Guatemala, Germany, The Netherlands, England, China, Sweden, Russia, Mexico, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Colombia, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and United States of America.
- Hey, Big Bang! (Nobody said it was easy)
- Plasticus maritimus, an invasive species
- Atlas of travels and explorers — The travels of monks, naturalists and other travellers of all times and places
- The Yellow Ball
- Mary John
- FIGS ARE FOR PASSERS-BY
- All the year round - nature's almanac
- Nobody Passes
- Outside – A guide to discovering nature
- The World in a Second (new edition)
- Excuse me, have you seen a tiny light blinking? / Run, rabbit, run!
- The boy who loved birds (and many other things)
- The Karate Girl's Red Notebook
- Coming and Going
- A book for everyday
- Thanks to everyone!
- The Backyards’ Book
- Fast, Slow
- Two Roads
- Is That Really You?
- A Day on the Beach
- És Mesmo Tu?
- A Mother’s Heart
- The Great Invasion
- D for Dad