O Livro dos Quintais
Isabel Minhós Martins · Bernardo Carvalho
If you’re supersticious, don’t freak out! As soon as we open The Backyards Book, we will face a half-stray black cat – one of those that cross our paths every once in a while. His name is Sneakers and he lives in multiple gardens, picking the owner and shade that most suits the season or his feline cravings.
In this book, we are just like Sneakers. We don’t go into anyone’s home.
We follow stories that take place outside, near the lemon and loquat trees, gardens and clotheslines, tanks and mini-pools, following what’s happening in his eight backyards throughout the year.
As for Sneakers, he’s not always easy to find, because – as everyone knows – yards are small worlds with a lot of hiding places in them.
– Named for Prémio Autores SPA/RTP
– Selected by Illustrators Exhibition Bologna Book Fair (2011)
– Selected by Plano Nacional de Leitura
- LER/ Booktailors Prize "Best design for children and YA"
– Recommended by Gulbenkian/Casa da Leitura
– Recommended by the Portuguese National Reading Plan (Plano Nacional de Leitura)
260 x 225 mm / 10,2 x 8,8 inches
First Edition: September 2010
PVP: 13,90 €
Publisher discount: 10%