Lá fora – Guia para descobrir a natureza
Maria Ana Peixe Dias · Inês Teixeira do Rosário · Bernardo P. Carvalho
OUT THERE – A GUIDE TO DISCOVERING NATURE
Who does this footprint belong to?
What is this worm doing here?
Is this a toad or a frog?
What do you call this tree?
Even if we live in a big city, there is always nature outside: clouds and stars, trees and flowers, rocks and beaches, birds, reptiles or mammals.
What are we waiting for?
Let’s jump off the couch and begin exploring!
Created in collaboration with a team of Portuguese experts, this book aims to arouse curiosity about fauna, flora and other aspects of the natural world. It also includes suggestions for activities and many illustrations to help the whole family get started, leave the house, and go out to discover – or simply admire – the amazing world that exists “Out there”.
Lá fora's Release Walk, Lagoa Pequena, May 2014
Video by Vera Moutinho, Fugas magazine/ Público newspaper (31.05.2014)
– Winner – “Opera Prima” Award 2105, Bologna Children’s Book Fair, 2015
– Honor Mention in 19th "National Ilustration Prize", DGLAB (General Directorate for Book, Archives and Libraries), Portugal, 2014
– Selected by Plano Nacional de Leitura
– Selected for AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prizes 2017 for “Excellence in Science Books” promoted by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
– Finalist British Book Design and Production Awards 2016
– Reading List Recommended by the 3rd Beijing Reading Program (by The Capital Library Alliance)
– The Chinese "Wen Jin" Book Award (by National Library China)
– The Best Children Book Anniversary 2016 (by The News Reading Institute)
– Top 100 Best Children Books China 2016 (by The News Reading Institute)
– The Best ArtShow Award in DangDang 2016 (by DangDang Website)
– Laurel Encyclopedia Award of Children's Books of Popular Science Catalogue 2016 (by Publishers Weekly and Chinese Copyright Children Reading Working Committee)
– Reading List Recommended Primary School Library Catalogue (by Love Reading Fund)
170 × 220 mm / 66.9 x 86.6 inches
First edition: April 2014
Publisher discount: 10%