Serpa International Award for Picturebooks
Serpa International Award for Picturebooks: the 3rd edition is now open
The Serpa City Council, in collaboration with the publisher Planeta Tangerina, is pleased to promote the third edition of the biennual Serpa International Award for Picturebooks. This award values the artistic and literary quality of picturebooks, while fostering the creation of new projects.
“Mana” by Joana Estrela was the winning book of the 1st edition and was published by Planeta Tangerina. It has already been translated into Complex Chinese, French, Spanish and Korean. Noemi Vola won the 2nd edition with her book "Fim? Isto não acaba assim”, also published by Planeta Tangerina. The publishing rights have already been sold to Spanish, French and Korean.
Who will be the next winner?
Send us your projects!
Deadline: 27th September 2019
Regulations, here: http://www.planetatangerina.com/pt/serpa
- Serpa International Award for Picturebooks
- "Atlas of travels and explorers" wins BolognaRagazzi Award 2019
- Bernardo P. Carvalho nominated for the literary award ALMA 2019
- "The yellow ball" is a White Raven 2018
- Eight Planeta Tangerina titles among the "100 Outstanding Picturebooks" on dPICTUS
- Supergiant receives finalist mention at translation awards in Mexico
- Madalena Matoso wins the National Illustration Award 2018
- "Wandering around" is one of the 30 best children's books of the year, in Brasil
- "It's not that hard" receives Honorable Mention at the New York Rights Fair
- "Brother wolf" in the CRA Program of Libraries in Chile