"Nobody Passes" wins two more prizes
This week was full of good news for our "Nobody Passes"!
In Cataluña, the book has been recognized with the children and youth literature prize Liberisliber Xic 2017. This is an award promoted by the independent publishing fair Liberisliber, which is now celebrating its 7th aniversary. Meanwhile in Germany, "Hier kommt keiner durch!" (German title) has won the Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis 2017 (German's Youth Literature Prize) for Best Picturebook.
They both celebrate the book as a critic to authority and highlight, on one hand, its universal subject, and on the other hand the individuality of each character. According to Liberisliber, it is a "phenomenal parody to the forces of authority and to the abuse of political power". It shows "a mix of fanzine techniques, subjects and aesthetics". Deutscher Jugendliteraturpreis mainly compliments the book for its unusual and humorous narrative.
- "It's not that hard" receives Honorable Mention at the New York Rights Fair
- "Brother wolf" in the CRA Program of Libraries in Chile
- "Mountains" gets Special Mention at the BolognaRagazzi Awards
- "Supergiant" is a finalist of Premio Fundación Cuatrogatos 2018 (Mexico)
- Madalena Matoso and Yara Kono selected for the Bologna's Illustrators Exhibition 2018
- "Supergiant" highly recommended in Chile
- "Nobody Passes" wins two more prizes
- "Mary John" selected for the White Ravens 2017 catalog
- “Nobody Passes” wins Gustav Heinemann Peace Prize
- Ana Pessoa selected for Aarhus39