Edgar runs at full speed and leaves everything behind: his family, his school, his friends. Today is the saddest day of his life because his grandfather disappeared, but it is also the happiest one because Joana kissed him for the first time.
Going along this road, Edgar stumbles on his reflections, on family lunches, on his friends’ laughter and on the long conversations with Joana. As he moves on, Edgar becomes increasingly bigger.
At one point he no longer fits inside his own body.
He becomes a monster. A continuous explosion.
- Nominated for Authors Prize/ Best Children and Young Adult Book, SPA (Portuguese Authors Society), Portugal
- Recommended by Plano Nacional de Leitura, Portugal
- Selected for WHITE RAVENS 2015 (International Youth Library), Germany
- Highly Recommended / "Portuguese Literature" Category, FNLIJ 2016 (Brazil)
– Finalist of Premio Fundación Cuatrogatos 2018 (Mexico)
- Highly recomended by Troquel (Fundação La Fuente's Research Centre, Chile)
- Selected: Guía de Libros recomendados para niños y jóvenes 2018 (IBBY, México)
First edition: May 2014
(...) When Edgar runs, he can express his feelings and organize his thoughts. He himself tells the story: Memories, images, conversations, and encounters race through his mind on this day, a day with both light and dark facets, which will mark a decisive step on his path to adulthood. Quick-paced with repetitions, ruptures, and temporal leaps in the plot, the structure of the text aptly conveys the protagonist’s inner life. As young adult novels are very rarely illustrated, Bernardo P. Carvalho’s silkscreen-style pictures are indeed worth mentioning: colourful and dynamic, they accompany the story beautifully.
White Ravens Catalog 2015, Internacionale Jugendbibliothek de Munique.
Two Steps and a Leap is Planeta Tangerina's collection for more grown-up readers.
At a distance of two steps and a leap, readers will find lots of different stories, themes and voices: adventure, travel, diary, mystery, and magic; stories with a happy ending and others that will try their best to have one...
There is no right age to be a reader of this Two Steps and a Leap collection, it describes a flight to new adventures — a flight that, on our journey as readers, we will want to take.
160 pages · 165 x 230 mm · ISBN: 9789898145598